Alexandrian Nights

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The SCORPIONS are here!




One of the most famous rock bands in history is coming for not only one live even in Egypt ,but TWO! ,The Scorpions will be performing two live events in Egypt ,The first one at November 17th at Giza Pyramids ,the location where Sting performed his live event at Cairo some time ago ,the second event will take place in Sharm ElSheikh at November 19th at Extreme Park, Naama Bay ,this is a part of the Peace For All tour which will be taking place in other places in the middle east like UAE & Qatar plus Egypt ofcourse.

I am a big fan of Scorpions myself ,listening to them since 1993 they formed a very important part of my musical memory ,I am still enjoying masterpieces like Send Me An Angel ,Wind of Change ,A moment in A million Years ,You & I and many many others ,here's the lyrics for A Moment In A Million Years:

The lights are slowly fading down
There's no one else, just you and me
Nothing ever changed
I see your faces in the crowd
It seems I know each one of you
For all my life
I wish this night could last forever
But it's time to go
I saw you laugh, I saw you cry
All for one and one for all
Nothing ever changed
The way you sang just blew my mind
It gave me chills from head to toe
What a glorious night
To me it could have lasted forever
But it's time to go
A moment in a million years
Is all I've got for you
A moment in a million years
To make some dreams come true
A moment that I won't forget
Until the day I die
A moment in a million years
Called life
The bus is waiting right outside
To hit the road and once again
I leave you all behind
I chase another dream tonight
And by the time you'll be home
I'll be far away
Nothing seems to last forever
It's time to go
A moment in a million years
Is all I've got for you
A moment in a million years
To make some dreams come true
A moment that I won't forget
Until the day I die
A moment in a million years
Called life

I am planning to go this concert insha2alah ,for your consideration the regular ticket's price is 350 pounds while the VIP ticket will cost you 1200 pounds ,I'll post more details soon.

16 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    Does ur love for scorpions have any thing to do with the fact that ur sign is scorpio ?
    LOL :D just kidding...happy 3eed :)

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

  • At 1:29 AM, Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said…

    i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this song "a moment in a million years"
    they r the best... *bas not all the way el sara7a*..

    i like some of there hits gedan..

    anyways, i am not planing to go to the concert :D
    enjoy it enta ba2a w e7kelna

     
  • At 1:50 AM, Blogger Eve said…

    I really really really want to go, but I have a mid term exam the following day :(

    I tried to convince my friends to organize our studying so we can go, they looked at me like I lost my mind. But to tell you the truth it's a really tough subject.

    Yalla go, enjoy w e7kelna

     
  • At 3:38 AM, Blogger Just Jane said…

    Ok, so I'm not a fan of the Scorpions, don't really understand the interest in them but Sting is so wonderful!

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Blogger change destiny said…

    I close my eyes
    Only for a moment and the moment's gone
    All my dreams
    Pass before my eyes, a curiosity
    Dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wind
    Same old song
    Just a drop of water in an endless sea
    All we do
    Crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see
    Dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wind
    Now, Don't hang on
    Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
    It slips away
    And all your money won't another minute buy
    Dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wind
    Dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wind
    Dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wind
    Dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wind

    That's one of their nicest songs .Too bad i'm gonna have an exam that day:(

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    aroundtheclock:I wanted to print a warning at the first lines of the post that this is not an animal issue this time...LOL

    rain:I really like the fact that my sign is scorpio ,I am very proud of that for many reasons ,and my love for scorpions the band doesn't have anything to do with that ,but when I think about the band's name and see the similarity there I become more proud...LOL

    tarek:sorry about that ,but I didn't see your post cause I have never visited your great blog prior to writing my post ,but from now on I am a regular visitor to your blog ,thanks.

    lasto:men 3enyea ,2insha2alah laow ro7t hab2a 2a7kelko

    eve:it's ok ,just study hard for now.

    jane:Scorpions is very great ,just try again tolisten to them and who knows!

    jade:you are very welcome!

    change destiny:thanks for stopping by and for the great lyrics.
    it seems that alot of people has many mid term exams at the concert's date!

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    I really like the fact that my sign is scorpio ,I am very proud of that for many reasons
    All scorpions I know think that way too including my dad...can u tell me one of these reasons ?:)

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    RAIN:I can tell you two reasons of them for now ,the first is that alot of people that changed the course of history has the same sign or at least were born in the same month(October) ,the second reason is that looking at the scorpio's characterstics you can find alot of amazing features and contadictions at the same time ,the scorpio character are one of the most talked about and researched charcters between all the signs.

    Note:this is not a third reason ,but somehow most of the females are either interested in or or do like the scorpio charcter...LOL

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    OK, I won't get into this :P
    P.S : I love my dad a lot ..although he's very mysterious.. there's a special connection between us.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger change destiny said…

    Hey i'm a (November) scorpio . So what were you saying about October scorpios? Are you saying November scorpios can't change the world? :( ... too bad i had hope lol

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey, you are always welcome to my blog, I just wanted to add the link here for your info, nothing more.

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Wow, I would love to go to one of their concerts! My all time favorite Scorpions song is Wind of Change, I've loved it since I was 10!

    PS, please forgive me! And make the best of the concert!

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said…

    change destiny:
    i just adore this song the most "dust in the wind"
    but i like it better the "Boston" version, rather than the "scorpoins" ....

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    rain:yeah ,the scorpio can be mysterious sometimes but he/she has a kind heart!

    change destiny:it's not me who saying this ,it's the history books...LOL

    tarek:thanks again or the link

    kayla:LOL...you don't need to be forgived ,you are always a dear friend.

    lasto adri:check the egales version too ,it's good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home