Alexandrian Nights

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

StarBucks in Egypt



StarBucks one of the world's most famous coffe shop chains is preparing to open for the first time in Egypt ,and for the last three years there were many people asking and enquiring about the possibility of that and if this will happen or not since most of the world's famous chains already opened in Egypt during the last five years except for StarBucks ,the last chain to arrive to Egypt was Coffe Bean & Teal Leaf but that left only Starbucks for speculations without answers.

The great news that StarBucks will open not only one branch but two branches at the same time ,one here in Alexandria and the other in Cairo with rumors of Alexandria's branch opening first ,the branch opening here will be located at the new San Stefano Grand Plaza Mall (which I will be talking about in future posts) where the cairo branch is located at still yet at unknown location which wouldn't be else than City Stars or the new Dandy Mall at cairo gate.

Alot of aboard friends told me alot of things about StarBucks coffe's quality ,even a friend living in Dubai told me the the most thing he misses while he's in vacation in Egypt is StarBucks coffe!! ,I think we have to wait and see for ourselves what they are talking about! ,stay tuned for more news.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Get out of here...Didn't hear about StarBucks in Cairo khales...if this is true..then welcome real coffee...it ROCKS

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Charisma said…

    i have been waiting for this!!
    god! i cant wait!

    i always have my last starbucks at the airport on my way to cairo, and i miss it all through my vacation, now thats great news!!

    please night keep us posted, i live in cairo so do stress on that one as well ;)

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Colleen said…

    OH MY GOD! I am so happy that Starbucks in coming here!!! And I live very close to San Stefano Mall...oh a nice Vanillia Latte Grande on my way to work. Now I don't have to go back to the USA! LOL!! ;)

    As an American living here, I must tell you that Starbucks is THE place to get a cup of coffee. It is very much like Cilantro in the Carrefour/City Center--but only wayyyy better. Trust me on this.

    I wonder what other stores are going to be in the San Stefano Mall??? I am very curious now.

    Salaams and Take care!!

     
  • At 2:36 AM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    Nerro:you never heared about it is because it has not opened yet! ,but as I said it should be very soon.

    Charismatic:Glad that you will be enjoying it here ,I will keep you posted ofcourse as soon they have confirmed the exact location.

    Layla:Yeah I am happy too ,and I have heared the same talk about Starbucks as you say ,and I will keep you posted about San Stefano mall with series of posts ,meaning that every new place I know about I will be posting in a single post.

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Even though I fell in love with Alexandria Starbuck's was the one thing I missed while I was out there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home