Alexandrian Nights

Friday, October 14, 2005

Angry before eftar!!

Yesterday I went to apply for a land phoneline for my own apartment ,it's located in Miami so I went to the nearest Central to resume the contracting procedures ,10 days ago I have paid the Subscription fees and they told me to come after 10 days to know about the installment date.

I tried to be very calm before entering there ,I am not usualy nervouse without reason but for anyone dealt with berocracy for many years I had to expect the worst ,and my feelings were true,they told me coldly that there's no available lines in the exchange in my zone and I have to wait till next January until they add new exchanges and cables ,ofcource I didn't believe them cause any child knows that there's always a lines reserved for the emergency cases (like someone with WASTA!) ,I tried to discuss the matter with many persons from the contracting employee to the central's manager himself without any results ,they even told me simply that I can complain them to the telecommunications Minister himself but that will not make anydifference! ,extremly retarded people.

I have rushed out of the central very angry ,I remembered afriend who adviced me to have some kind of WASTA before even applying but I didn't like that ,it's not that I don't like using one(all of us are doing that when it's about governmental issues) but I just liked the idea of going there as any citizen and try to see what they will happen ,worse than that is their continuous avertisments about their evolution and how they are offering services nice and easy ,all of that is just an illusion ,those people simply were born in the web of berocracy andthey will remain like that for ever.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    Hello nightlegand,
    Take it easy, "heya di misr ya 3abla". I am from Cairo, and I thought that life is easier in Alex, but it seems to be an illusion. The strange thing is that, although we hate many of the "ways of living" in Egypt, still we love our country. I guess there is something magical about it. Personally, I miss Egypt.

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can really understand how frustrating this could be :)) Wonderer is right "heya di masr" although it shouldn't be like this

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Eve said…

    Dealing with berocracy can be very frustrating indeed but dealing with stupidity is what drives me mad in masale7 7okoumeya in Egypt.

    I don't mean to be evil but kol el mowazafin 3alehom 3'aba2 ye3damoh besara7a.

    And what's really really pissing me off from the communication company is it's ads. Leih sherka mo7takera el souk te3mel e3lanat? They don't have a competetor, if you want to install a phone you have no option but to go to them and then they advertise that they have the lowest rate... Ya lahwi ma e7na we have no other option...

    Fe3lan heya di masr ya 3abla.

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    Wonderer:It has nothing to do with Cairo or Alex ,this is example about berocracy in our conutry and believe me it's in every city like infection!
    Ofcourse we love Egypt and we will stay like that forever whatever happens.

    nerro:yeah it's frusterating ,and it shouldn't be like that at all ,especially when we are in 2005.

    eve: good point ,they own all the land communications facilities ,but I have heared that they are reasearching the possibility of introducing new private owned companies to introduce land telephones services ,I hope that occurs before 2099!

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger ritzy said…

    he he the etisalat centraals never change, do they? I wonder what will happen if I put in the opening fee for a DSL connection, will it take them 6 months to install it?

    perhaps what we need desperately is a competing telephone company.

    http://missmabrouk.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home