Alexandrian Nights

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Brazilian Coffe:Rediscovered

Any one lives in Alexandria or been a regular visitor to it surely knows Brazilian Coffe store ,at earlier days it was almost the only place to have a decent cup of coffe or other drinks like Hot chocolate or espresso in town with a special blend of their own ,and it was very special scene to see crowds holding coffe cups infront of the store and filling the pavement and also the store inside which had a very limited space ,but after recent changes in Alexandria during the last eight years many other coffe stores opened and the competetion increased and crowds infront of the store begun to decrease rapidly ,so they had nothing to do but to reimagine the whole place.

Yesterday after iftar I had nothing to do ,there were a scheduled meeting with a friend that got cancelled at the last minuets ,I decided to have a walk ,and since I live in Downtown area I decided not to go far ,I started roaming the streets which was somewhat crowded with early Eid's shoppers ,the air was hot and I felt the need to have something to drink ,I started analyzing my choices and decided to o to Roastery Cafe'(I wanted some airconditioned place!) ,I started my path towards Huryea Avenue when I remembered The Brazilizn Coffe ,I knew from earlier roamings about their redocration but I didn't know if it was reopened or not yet ,I shifted my onfoot walking to their location (Saad Zaghloul Street) ,and there were the new brazilian coffe!

The place changed completely ,there were no more old looking style ,the place now has two floors with the upper floor intended as a cafe/Restaurant ,and the downfloor serves as the same old theme ,onfoot cafe ,but now there's a wooden stands atached to walls where you can have you coffe looking through the two ways glass and watch the downtown movement ,the upperfloor has a nice seating with nice view also for the downtown streets ,the decoration theme is so modern looking but not very original though ,now you have more choices on the menu including salads,starters and sandwiches beside the hot and cold drinks.

Judging now on the coffe's quality itself ,for me things has changed andin the past years we had the chance to taste coffe from many coffe houses and cafe's like Coffe Bean ,Costa Coffe..etc ,andspeaking frankly ,Brazilian coffe falls short behind those and other cafe's but it's still has a satisfying quality ,and more important thing ,when you have your drink there you still feel a glimpse of the old days of 80's and 90's.



6 Comments:

  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    I haven't been to Alex for almost 8 or 9 years now. They tell me it looks so much different now, Stanly Bridge, Alex Library, New Kornish ... etc.
    However, I promise you to try visiting it next summer (during my vacation in Egypt), and the first place on my visiting list will be "Brazilian coffee store":))

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, now you are teasing me, foot walk in my beloved Alex, coffee, and btw I like the store, old & new, I witnessed both...may be it is the essence of the place.

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger tota said…

    do they still have that strong coffee smell that u can smell it when u ever pass by!
    It used to annoy me

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    Wonderer: Yes it changed but for the good ,there's alot of the new hangouts that is similar to the ones in Cairo but a lot fewer ,and the old places still has their essence.

    بفضفض:You are welcome any time ,try to email me prior to your visit and I would recommend some other places.

    nerro: I know you like coffe so you been on my mind while writing this artile!..LOL..

    Tota: No there's no more smell outside the store now ,the walls are glass and there's Aircondition system ,even inside the store the smeel is somewhat faint ,but why do you get annoyed with coffe's smell? ,you don't like coffe?

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger tota said…

    I like it, but not much of it, prefer American Coffee with a lot of milk
    just the smell was too strong to my taste

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    Tota:seems that girls are so sensitive to many things!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home