Alexandrian Nights

Monday, October 31, 2005

The Animals in the Box!

Yesterday I was sitting on the table waiting for almaghreb prayer ,every one were busy in preparing the eftar ,suddenly the door bell rang ,it was my younger brother(25) and he was holding a large box covered with some plastic wrappings ,I was surprised a little bit when I notices there was a small hole on the top of the box ,he entered directly from the door to our room(we have shared large room ,me & him) ,and put the the box in the balcony attached to our room. I keep asking him what's in the box? And he simply refused to answer with a smile I didn't like ,it was ten minutes past eftar time now and I didn't want to start an argument.

After el3esha prayer I was sitting alone in my room ,I remembered the box sitting there ,my brother weren't here since he gout out directly after eftar ,I decided to inspect the mysterious box and try to discover it's contents ,I was certain 100% that it contains some kind of animals ,my brother had a very long history in owning dogs. He always had different breeds of dogs and this always resulted in a lot of problems with my mother cause she doesn't like animals in general ,anyway I opened the balcony's door and stared at the silent box, I didn't hear any movement sound or animal's sounds of any known kind. Then I tried to peer into the small hole on the top of the box hoping to glimpse anything or hear any sound ,there were none. I kept thinking to myself (what kind of animals doesn't make any kind of sounds or movements?) ,but I failed to see any answer.

I decided to wait for my brother till he get back ,when he arrived I ordered him to either let me know what's inside the box or I will simply throw them both(him and the box!) out of the door ,he tried to delay the answer but I insisted ,he sensed that there would be a huge problem if he continued hiding it and on the other hand I was not seeing any convincing reason to justify his behavior ,he said (OK ,I'll show you) ,we headed straight to the balcony ,he unwrapped the plastic covers ,I discovered that the box is simply a container for a large glass aquarium,and to my astonishment there were small Crocodiles there inside the aquarium!! ,not one small crocodile but two. I sat there speechless for a minute then said (why did you bring those animals here?) he said that this is something he like and he can't see any problems in that! ,I said (you can't see any problems in breeding crocodiles in your room??) ,he tried to tell me that they are very small and harmless and beside that they are trapped into this aquarium and there's nothing to fear ,we argued for several minutes then simply we made a deal that this is temporary situation and he would get them elsewhere soon(although I know that it wouldn't be that simple).

Now I am sitting writing this while behind the balcony's locked double doors there laying an aquarium with two small crocodiles there ,what bothers me more is that the two fellows there are male & female ,meaning that at anytime we can have a large one happy family of crocodiles!

14 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Wow, crocodiles! That's something! But I guess there's no need to worry untill they get to be large enought to find you juicy! :D

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    Tell you tell your mum about the crocodiles?:)) I can already guess her reaction:))
    Anyway, you are lucky, my uncle once brought a snake home!!! He justified the situation saying that as long as he takes off his teeth regurally there is no problem!!!

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    kayla:I am locking the balcony dousble doors ,I'll make sure I am not an easy prey for them!...LOL

    wonderer:she already know and there were a big arguent because of that ,beside that I am not a child to go and tell my mother ,he's my younger brother ,if I insist I owuld take those animals out home but we agreed that this is temporary thing ,it's just a few days and I will get rid off them.

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Charisma said…

    crocodiles!!
    Night, im one of the people who is scared of anything that moves except cats, now crocodiles! thats very scary!

    i think they dont look cute either :(

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Crocodiles !!!! Yikes!!!! Tell me ... what does your brother like about them?

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Just Jane said…

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Well such a lovely surprise for you, eh? Crocodiles, really? I can't say that I would be terribly happy if my brother brought such a gift for me.

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger LouLou said…

    nightlegend,

    "what bothers me more is that the two fellows there are male & female ,meaning that at anytime we can have a large one happy family of crocodiles!"

    That's really funny:)

    I like your bro.

     
  • At 2:35 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    I am in a country that is apparently famous for crocs: the Crocodile Hunter and Crocodile Dundee. I'm not sure I see them as pets. I assume they will grow and some day no longer fit the tank? EEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!

     
  • At 3:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You'll have a lot to worry about before they reach mating age or have offspring.

    But really, what will your brother do with them when they get larger?

    I don't know about any dwarf crocodile species! One that can be kept in a terrarium.

    KM, we come from a country where crocodiles are sacred!

    Did you know that the name 'temsa7' is an Egyptian word that was loaned into Arabic?

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    LOL :D that's the most funny thing I've ever heard!!!
    Your brother gotta be kidding!!
    Take care..his interests are getting wild :D..maybe next time u'll find a snake or something.

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said…

    LOOOOOOOOOOL @ your brother..
    the crocodilish family :D..
    you should feel proud of that and brag as well .. hehehe
    men momken yefta7 3eno fekom delwa2ti...

     
  • At 2:27 AM, Blogger tota said…

    Make sure to watch them carefully :)
    u won't have chance to see Crocs life again, getting a small adventure too, will count, so later you would tell your story with the Crocs to ur grandsons
    …. see children who much your Grandpa was brave ;)

    you can mention to your brother, that u BOTH may get connected with those Crocs, so later when it's time to leave ur heart would be broken, so breaking it now will be much better :)

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    CS:Yeah they look scary and more near to lizards than crocs!

    me:I don't know what he likes about them ,in general he's always fanatic about strange things!

    jane:you are welcome

    loulou:hope that this family doesn't start breeding soon!

    km:don't worry I am watching them closely...LOL

    alif:he said that they don't grow up quickly,but as soon as they are large enough to be unfittable inside the aquarium he will get rid off them.

    rain:Yeah ,he's full of surprises ,but next time I am expecting a polar bear not a snake!!

    lasto:delwa2ti 2ai 7ad fel blogs hayeza3alni hab3atloh 2eltamsaee7 beta3ti...LOL

    aroundtheclock:I am not checking on them since I am contantly locking the balcony's doors!

    tota:you can mention to your brother, that u BOTH may get connected with those Crocs, so later when it's time to leave ur heart would be broken, so breaking it now will be much better :)

    LOL...nice suggestion

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Sharks said…

    lol...now that's a funny read!...i hate dogs...but i think that small crocodiles r not bad at all...if there was such a thing as small sharks i guess i would brought myself some :D...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home