Alexandrian Nights

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The doomed blogger!!

I have many book marks in the favorites folder of my Internet Explorer browser ,I put all the blogs links there to check them easily ,Whenever I look at the Favorites menu I find it so much crowded with many many blogs addresses ,I keep telling myself that I should make some arrangements to them and divide them ,The quickest solution in my mind is to the divide them to the daily blogs(Blogs I check daily) and nondaily blogs which I check frequently.

Recently I had a very strange problem ,one of my recently discovered blogs kept disappearing from the favorites menu(or that what I thought back then) ,the first time I saw it I added it instantly to my favorites ,the next day on my regular blogs surfing I tried to find it but I couldn't see it anywhere on the favorites ,I told myself that I may be memorizing saving it when it actually didn't happen .Luckily I was still able to find it in the history menu ,opened the blog's page and this time I was sure 100% that I have added it.

Two days ago the blog is no longer again on the menu! ,I decided to do a little test ,opened the blog's page and added it ,opened the favorites instantly and strangely it was not there ,I thought that there might be something wrong with IE ,surfed some random blogs and other web sited ,bookmarked them and they all resided instantly on the favorites menu ,every one of them except this certain blogs which is not being saved whatever I try ,someone may say that the name may have a certain type of characters that is not recognized by IE but the blog's name is written inplain english without anything special ,I thought about the language but ofcourse this is English and I have Russian and Japanese bookmarks in their native language appears normally ,I am also using the latest IE version with all the udpates ,patches and service packs.

I decided to do another test that had no logical sense in my opinion ,I saved the blog with the blogger name not with the blog's name ,and believe it or not it's finally there and never got disappeared again ,I hope that the blog's owner is not doomed or cursed in anyway!

9 Comments:

  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    I believe in magic and spells :P
    Maybe MS has something against the blog, so it cursed the IE.

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger daffodilLament said…

    Thats funny! Why not try a different browser? Mozilla? Or probably *ehmm* is just full of bugs. ;P

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    we el sa.7s dah mawgoud hena?:)

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger LouLou said…

    Night,

    Sounds like it's the blogname that is doomed - not the blogger!It worked when you saved it with the blogger's name right?

    I have long since given up trying to understand the mysteries of MS Windows or of their browsers. Like I said before code has a mind of its own.

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    rain:LOL...it was just a bug in my browser ,nothing more.

    daff:I have FireFox and Opera but it would have been inconvenient to check all those blogs inIE and then open a separate window in FireFox to just check one blog.

    Wonderer:Yes the blogger is her ,and she is a female by the way!

    loulou:yeah it worked when I saved it with the blogger's name ,it's simply a bug ,no further explaination.

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger tota said…

    didnt you try to dl Opera ??
    and use it to save that bloger page?
    so it could be either, the name or it's a bug in IE

    anyway at least u found a way to manage it :)

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Eve said…

    ok.. am I the only one who is veeery curious to know who is this anonymous blogger, whom you went through so much trouble for? :p

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    eve,
    I guess you didn't read Nightlegend comment. The blogger is me wonderer:)))

     
  • At 4:16 AM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    tota:I already have Opera but I can't bookmark only one blogger there and have tons of others at Internet Explorer!

    eve:I really sensed some embarassement when I thought about revealing the blogger's name fearing that she may get angry or something ,but if you insist email me and I will tell you.

    wonderer:LOL...unfortunately it's not you if that what you mean by (me) and if you mean (me) the blogger not it's not either ,both of you were very easy to be saved!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home