Alexandrian Nights

Monday, November 28, 2005

The Flu

Everywhere I go these days it seems that many people is infected with Flu(Not the Bird's flu!) ,my younger brother ,my little sister and my are among the patients ,it was very ironic seeing my father who is a doctor trying to give tons of cold & flu medicines to my brother and sister and to himself ,other relatives and friends were infected too and it seems as every time you pickthe phone to check on someone you will find that either him or a member of the family is having flu or at least a cold!

May be it's the constantly changing weather these days ,it has a very strange behavior these days ,the nights are cold or very cold sometimes and the days are sunny and foggy! ,we are not used to this fog here in Alexandria and usually in November the weather would be colder with frequent rain showers ,but this kind of weather is no doubt strange.

I haven't been in the mood myself for the past two days ,and feeling a strange frequent pains in different parts of my chest & back ,I don't know if this is an introductory stage to the flu or not but I am not feeling well in general ,and my mood is less bright as I said ,maybe it's the weather ,someone may say(What has the weather to do with your mood?) ,I am a winter kind of person ,I love the cold ,wind & rain ,I always were feeling good during the rainy days ,but this hot weather is something I don't like ,this even resulted in being unable to check around the blogsphere for more than three days and not even able to respond to comments left by friends here on my blog ,sorry if I seem not concentrated but I hope to regain my concentration soon ,I hope also to be able to write more than five posts that were shaped in my mind and should have been written during the past days but unfortunately postponed.

Strangely I think I feel a bit better after writing this!

12 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    Salamtak:)

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Colleen said…

    Nightlegend - I know what you mean. Seems that everyone is getting the flu. In my school, kids are coming down with it left and right. It is just that time of year.

    Yeah, what is up with this weather??? It is so warm!!! Mo was telling me that this is not typical winter weather. I am a winter girl all the way and am missing the nice cold days...Just wish for snow!! ;)

    As for your mood, I hope you will feel more of yourself soon. Weather does do something to your moods. For me, if it rains (in the USA), I was down in the dumps. Here, I am happy cause I don't ever see it! lol :)

    If your cold gets worse, I can make you some homeade chicken noodle soup. :)

    Take care!

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Eman M said…

    Salamtak
    It's been more than a month now, that all the Egyptians are having that tiring flu!
    l2 w several times, not just once.

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger LouLou said…

    Nightlegend,

    Salamtak. Take lots of vitamin C & liquids. Sometimes listless or depression is a symptom of flu so better to catch it before it takes hold.

    Glad your mood improved after writing.

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger Eve said…

    Salamtak,

    The weather is officially gone crazy. I feel like early september not late november.

    As for the mood, it's normal for this weather 2 cause evrybody to be down, coz its not summer and its not winter... just depressing

    Take care of urself, have lots of vitamins, orange juice, lemon juice, etc...

    GET WELL SOON...:)

     
  • At 2:45 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    Did it reach alex too ????
    I'm really surprised...me and my friends are having this flu infection :S
    It's taking over the world I guess :D

    And don't know if it has to do with this moody weather..I hate it!!! I want winter :(

    Sure the weather affects the mood.

    Take care :).

     
  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    Thanks alot for all of you for your great words & true feeling I really feel very very better after reading all of that ,I don't know how to thank you ,you are really a great friends & like sisters of mine at the same time.

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    You're most welcomed Night, gald u feel better now :).

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Glad you are feeling better :).
    I belong to the winter kind of people too and do enjoy the rain and the cold weather although it's not as beautiful as in Alex.
    Truly you are privileged to be living in Alex.

    All the best,
    Nesreen

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, Night, I am down with a cold, been so for a few days and it is killing me. I go to work and then get home to just lay in bed all day, evening and night. I can't really get decent sleep either. But I guess it will pass soon, and when this weather stops changing so often we will all be better! Wish the best to you, your family and friends.

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger Me said…

    2alf salama 3aleik ya Night... Shafaak Allah :-)

    The weather is so confusing these days here in Alex... dunno what to where or do!!! I caught a cold twice in a row .. and it was terrible... but el7amdulilah I'm fine now... hope you get well soon...

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    rain:Thanks alot

    Nesreen:that's great you like the winter season ,I like winter in Cairo only at night!

    kayla:hope you are feeling better now

    me:thanks for your words and hope that you won't catch another cold during this winter insha2alah.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home