Alexandrian Nights

Friday, May 05, 2006

Bloggers Night



A few days ago was watching the daily show of Amr Adeeb's(Al Kahera Al Youm) on Al Youm Channel-Orbit Network ,he hosted two bloggers to discuss the phenomena of blogging and everything about it ,a lot of the show's audience in Egypt for sure wasn't familiar with the words (Blogs ,Blogging...Etc) ,he mentioned at the show's start that he will be discussing blogs at the third part of the show ,unfortunately there were another debate between Khaled Al gendy and a person whose religion is Baha'yia ,the debate was flammable and it took longer than expected so they had to shorten the period of the Bloggers part ,but it simply was slaughtering not shortening.

He hosted two bloggers ,the first is reponsible for a blog which is dedicated to Software Field's HR related ,giving job seekers in the field of software a good look on the market and job opportunities and giving the software companies a suitable portal to select their desired candidates ,it was the first time to hear about this blog and I thought it was a good idea ,the blog owner himself was looking decent ,and he gave a good impression ,but the second one was simply the opposite.

The second bloggers who has a blog dedicated for males to find the fastest and most accurate method to hunt females! ,aiming to give them a nice and easy advice to make the the hardest girl to soften and give up resistance!(that's what he claimed) ,I have no problem with that since this is a free land and anyone has the freedom to express what they like to express but what annoyed me is the Blogger himself ,I never thought about criticizing a fellow blogger personally but this guy..I don't know...There was something wrong about him ,I didn't feel comfortable either for him or for his talking method ,he seemed somewhat aggressive and arrogant. This wasn't my opinion alone but everyone sitting with me shred the same impression ,the worst part was when he talked about other bloggers ,I didn't feel concern or sypathy in his words ,even when talked about respectfully and brave people like Alaa & Manal.

I guess it was the mistake of the stupid person responsible for preparing the show's material ,why he picked this nasty person? He not only ruined our expectations but gave a lot of people a very wrong idea about Blogs and Blogging thinking by providing a very strange examples ,and believe it or not ,he was preparing to include a very famous and mysterious blogger ,actually on of the most controversial Egyptian bloggers but she never came and left us with the (TAZBEET) boy!

13 Comments:

  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger change destiny said…

    well i kinda disagree with you . The person who prepared the show was smart enough to show that blogging is just as anything else could be ued for a fair cause or for a bad one . If he only showed the nice picture he would have been as manipulative as our media .

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    Hi Legend,
    welcome back,
    I read your post after posting this and I felt like "hey so that it the plan then". They are so much worried cause blogs started as a free space for young people to write their love stories and ended up and something more dangerous that the anti-governmet newspapers (mo3arda).
    Do you think they will block blogs as they did with "egytiantalks & masryeat"?!!

     
  • At 1:58 AM, Blogger Zeinobia said…

    Nightlegend can plz tell me what happened between Khaled El-Genndy and the Baha'i , if you can send email it will be great
    about blogging ,I am afraid that Adib didn't host the real bloggers , Hr and other business blogs are known to be unimportant in the blogs world , no one visit it and the Tazbeet expert !! I feel that there is an anti -campagin against us
    the only thing that I found attractive in Orbit than in Showtime is Adib

     
  • At 4:20 AM, Blogger Cliche~ said…

    urgh!

    would've wanted to see that one out of curiousity....do u have the web address?

    bas its already a big step to address blogging on tv.. i mean it shows u how big and important its getting!

     
  • At 2:52 AM, Blogger Women Empowerment Consultant said…

    I have created a blog in Arabic, of interest to women. Do you mind if I leave the link here? In case it is a Yes: here it is http://womenvoice.blogspot.com/. Thanks

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Women Empowerment Consultant said…

    My hat off to Alexandria, Egypt and the freedom of the Egyptians. I can't say that for the rest of the Arabs. I don't mean irresponsible freedom. Freedom of thought is what I am hailing. Thanks for welcoming me on the bloggers. This is my first blog in Arabic, I have another blog in English. One suggestion on the content of your blog entry, don't even give any importance to what the singers say. They are here to destroy our morals without even knowing it themselves. All you need to feel is sorry for them. please visit my blog and view my latrest entry, even if it is for women mainly. C Ya

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Hi Night,
    I am so glad I began to see u back again in the blogsphere, keep it up my friend :)

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger بعدك على بالى said…

    شكرا على الزيارة ، وعلى كلامك الرقيق ... خالص تحياتى

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger E N G Y said…

    I watched the show too and I was shocked!!
    I wondered what an example to be hosted in a TV show!!..but I thought that it's almost the common idea about the net guys..to have a post means that you wanna talk about yourself trying to be cool and nice for the opposite sex as a way to tazbeet them..to chat means to log on to tezabat someone.
    Let's be frank, the majority of internet users here in Egypt log-on for this..It's a fact!!

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger E N G Y said…

    I watched the show too and I was shocked!!
    I wondered what an example to be hosted in a TV show!!..but I thought that it's almost the common idea about the net guys..to have a post means that you wanna talk about yourself trying to be cool and nice for the opposite sex as a way to tazbeet them..to chat means to log on to tezabat someone.
    Let's be frank, the majority of internet users here in Egypt log-on for this..It's a fact!!

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Hanouma said…

    where r u night? why u don't write? i hope everything is ok? u showed up once in my blog then u disappeared. tameni Alek old friend

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger خجل said…

    صبح صبح يا عم الحج

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey legend, it's been a long time not seeing you blogging.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home